Saturday, August 15, 2020

DiVersion - Champs Elysees 7" (1979) [LINK FIXED]

A couple of cover songs from this unknown British band. The A-side is a cover of Prince Buster's "Take it Easy" and the B-side is a cover of "Rough Rider" that was written by Eddy Grant in 1967 for his band The Four Gees. It was the B-Side for their Ethiopia single but I think everybody has covered it since. Prince Buster being the notable cover. So, essentially, this record is a couple of Prince Buster covers. I just didn't want to say it that way.

I know I scanned my record but I can't find my scans so I respectfully stole the images from Discogs.

'Cause I'm gangster like that.

A - Champs Elysees
B - Rough Rider

DOWNLOAD from MEGA

DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare

Oh, and I think (I didn't say I know for sure) this record is what inspired Ocean 11 to do the song "Take it Cheazy".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mega link don t work

Tone and Wave said...

Thanks for letting me know. It has been fixed.