Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Space Ate Mafia - In the Good Name...of Bad Taste (1998)

Space Ate Mafia was a ska punk band from New York / New Jersey area. I'm not entirely sure. I think they had more than this one release but, again, I'm not entirely sure.
At one point they changed their name to Space 8. They could have released some more music under that name but I'm not entirely sure.

This is a CDR with a computer printed sticker label and an early computer printer style inlay card. The CD and packaging are beautiful. It's nice to find one this age that hasn't degraded or rotted yet.

There are four up-tempo ska tunes with a reminder that they were recorded in the ska-punk era but I wouldn't call anything on here 'punk' despite that punk/metal intro on the first song.
The last track is a mellow one with beautiful horn and jazz-guitar harmonies. 

1 Wait for the Sun

2 In the Park

3 Espionage

4 Moonglow

5 Kleinfeltersville

 

DOWNLOAD from MEGA

DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. I was In this band. Some of the best times of my life. Thanks for the blast from the past. I don’t even have one of the original cds. We printed them 1 by freaking 1 on the pc in my basement. lol. Good times.

Tone and Wave said...

I'm not sure if I have the original CD or not. Give a few weeks so I can go through all of my stuff. If I still have it - it's yours. Keep checking back.