Monday, July 6, 2009

Ska-Boom!

It seems every time I have some money saved up to get a new computer my car somehow finds out about it and decides to break down so I still haven't been able to get a new computer yet - I'm hoping I will in the next 2 weeks. I am able to use a computer every now and then, but I can't rip my vinyls or use my scanner just yet.

However I did recieve an email today from your friend and mine Rikard who spent a good deal of his time ripping not only the Ska-Boom album "Lost in Ska", but all three of their singles as well.

Photobucket

The album in this download is the original 11 track from 1990 though the cover pictured here is from the 1991 re-release that included all 3 tracks from the "More Tea Vicar?" single. The cover of the original didn't have the yellow writing or the speech bubble.

Here they are performing "What Did I Do" in 1990. Rikard also posted this on Youtube.


The Plan 7" (1989)
A - The Plan
B1 - Long Shot Kick de Bucket
B2 - Rukumbine

Romeo 7" (1989)
A - Romeo
B - Ska Summer

Lost in Ska LP (1990)
1 Classic Case
2 Hard Times
3 What Did I Do?
4 But My Love
5 So FarAway
6 Carry Go Bring Come
7 Lost in Ska
8 Sister
9 Romeo (live Abbey Park '89)
10 Today
11 Ska Summer (1990)

More Tea Vicar 7" (1990)
A - More Tea Vicar?
B1 - Runaway Girl
B2 - I Didn't Mean It

DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING

Here's the original cover:
Photobucket

Thanks again to Rikard!!!

5 comments:

Erica said...

EXcellent post. Love Ska-Boom a lot... Glad to see you here again... Any chance to repost I JOG AND THE TRACKSUITS 7''
thanks much, catch u later

Tone and Wave said...

Yep...here you go...I Jog (and The Tracksuits) "Red Box" 7"

http://www.zshare.net/download/62475193c5f66797/

Erica said...

Thank you very much!!!!cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Firstly what a brilliant blog! you got a new fan. Thanks for re-introducing me to long forgotten bands, music. Must take a while mate.Its appreciated. Would it be possible to re-up Ska-Boom 'Lost In Ska' loved the Traffic Warden rip. Also Im trying to find 'skunky Punky Monkey'. Ill let you know if I do.
Cheers Mate
Greg

Anonymous said...

How many album did Ska-Boom have in total?
I only know of 3 > Lost In Ska. Traffic Warden, Skunky Punky Monkey.

Did Ska-Boom do anymore?