Monday, November 2, 2009

The Loafers - Skaraties



There were only 500 copies of this record put out in 1989. I have heard rumors that this was released on cd with extra tracks but I haven't been able to find any proof of this.
This is actually the first thing I ever bought by the Loafers and it was in the bargain bin real cheap. (I have since lost the original). There is a cover that I can't find anywhere. I do have a clear image in my mind of the cover - it had some black and white checkers, maybe, and, like, a face and stuff. The face was looking up, or something, and the mouth was open - I think. I dunno.
- Hope that helps give you a good idea of the cover of this so if ever come across it yourselves you know what you're looking at.

-You're welcome!

1 Too Late Rudy
2 Laughing Loafer
3 Keep Walking
4 Liquidator
5 Melancholy Sally
6 Skankin' at the O.K. Corral
7 Average Man
8 Summers Day
9 Skankanstein
10 It's so Easy
11 Feeling's Alright
12 Living in a Suitcase
13 Z-Cars
14 Undertaker

DOWNLOAD

("Keep Walking" is my favorite Loafers song ever)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if this was the record you had (by your description of the record sleeve) but take a look at the cover/label scan, via the link below, and it may help to jog some memories !!

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2269352

The record pictured (at the above web address) was only available by mail order from Link Records. There were 500 copies pressed up on blue vinyl and it was released in 1990. The A-Side of the album was made up of demos & previously unreleased stuff. The B-Side had rarities sourced from 12" singles, EP's & compilations.

If anyone wants a track-by-track breakdown of where each song comes from, then check out this page:-

http://www.discogs.com/Loafers-Skaraties/release/2269352

Hope that's of use.


JJ