Monday, November 16, 2009

...random stuff...


As you can probably tell I am a big fan of older Australian and New Zealand ska and I have heard that there was a band in the late eighties called Jumpin' Chapaties that played ska, reggae, and jump bluesy-type music. They only released 2 singles and I was able to track down one of them. I was quite disappointed with it as neither of the two songs were ska. I wasn't going to post this but I figure some of you may appreciate it to some extent so here it is
JUMPIN' CHAPATIES - 2 GOLDEN GREATS


Speaking of Australian ska Ronan sent this to me a while back - some rare live recordings by The Allniters live in Sydney in 1982.


Here's an old 7" from 1994 that I have never got around to posting because it's ska-core. As far as ska-core is concerned I'm sure this is good-great stuff but I'm not really a fan of the genre. If I remember right I think this was given to me by someone who assumed "If you like ska you'll love this!"
BINGO MUT - THE MEANEST MAN EP








Here's another one that was on "Ultra Rare Ska". This time it was the b-side featured because the a-side isn't ska at all. I knew that before I bought it but I had to go and buy it anyway didn't I. The a-side sucks and I wasted money all because of my need to collect everything. Here's ALBERTO CAMERINI - SERENELLA 7"

I also wasted some money buying the Piranhas "Zambezi" 7" with the b-sides "Bouffant Blue" and "Pink Elephants" but when I received it I found it to be the other version that I already had. I got it for $2 so it's not even worth returning it. If anyone wants it they can have it. I'm still looking for the other version.

I have been looking for music by The Press for a while now. Thankfully "Music on Vinyl has posted their first one "I'm Gonna Shoot the Deejay"
"I'm Gonna Shoot the Deejay / Meet the Press" 7" 1980
"Write-Off / Boys Check Your Toys" 7" 1981
"Cantara Pepe / In the Quiet of the Night" 7" 1981
"Crossing the Line / In the Quiet of the Night" 7" 1981
"Rub a Dub / Gipsy Love" 7" 1981
"Press Here" LP 1981
Here's their video for "Write Off"


Does anybody know about the band Rude Boys? Not the English Roddy Moreno band, nor the Swedish band that released this
Photobucket
but the Scottish band seen here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBHueXx2UPk

3 comments:

bristolboy said...

the track is called "Uruguay" b-side is "time" on the Hansa label (Hansa 14) from 1982 it's licensed from phoenix records who released their first 45 explain/let me feel it (1980) Basicly it's the same band & you have a Dutch/Swedish pressing of it

they may have made more recordings I'm not sure!

hope this helps

Tone and Wave said...

Brilliant man, thanks!!

Code Red said...

The album you have in the post is by the Scottish Rb's. They were from Perth and released the 2 45s mentioned by bristolboy. A couple of members went onto form Fiction Factory.