Sunday, December 12, 2021

Joe & The Originals - Bad Boys 12'' (1988)

 All I know about this band is that they are from Italy and this is probably the only thing they ever released. I had a copy of this record for many many years and I never posted it because my copy sounded terrible. I eventually got another copy and this new one sounds even worse. I thought the first one was compressed (when you stack records on top of each other in a pile instead of side by side) but I'm thinking that this record just wasn't produced/mixed right and that's just how it sounds. 

This is a ska/reggae band and, like a lot of bands from Europe in this era, the vocals are hard to get used to. As an ignorant Yank I appreciate that all the lyrics are in English (The language of The U.S.A! - God's language!)  but I still can't quite grasp them. 

Ironically my favorite song on this record is "Forty Minutes of Fire" which is the least ska/reggae but it's a great song. I included on an episode of the Tone and Wave Podcast that I never actually released. 

Today I re-ripped this record and even though the vinyl looks beautiful and unblemished in any way it sounds atrocious. I am frustrated and I don't care so I'm posting my latest rip. It sucks but at least you can hear these rare ska songs in shit quality. 

The only good thing about this new record is the cover. My other copy didn't have the hand-made picture sleeve. 

 

A - Bad Boys

B1 - Forty Minutes of Fire

B2 - And God Created the Woman

 

DOWNLOAD from MEGA

 

DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare

No comments: