Monday, September 4, 2023

Checkmate - Demo tape (1993)

 Checkmate - Demo Tape (1993) (this date is speculative)

1 Mr. Moustache

2 Inferno

3 Rosarita (live)

4 21 and Over (live)


Checkmate - It's Called Ska! (1993)

1 Gustavo

2 What's the Matter

3 Mr. Moustache

4 Clownin' Around

5 Sneakers

6 Perfidia

7 21 and Over

8 Cafe' Cat

9 Jason's Afro

10 Sunday Girl


Checkmate had many songs on compilations and they released the album called "Revelations" that's available on Bandcamp. 

Every song they had on compilations was included on Revelations with the exception of one song "Women's Penitentiary" (also known as "Women's Penn") but I have included that song with this download.

I don't know if the Revelations album and everything in this download is everything they released as a band but it's all I have and everything I know about. If you know of any other releases please let me know. Gracias. 


DOWNLOAD from MEGA


DOWNLOAD from Pixeldrain


...and, of course, I respectively stole the "It's Called Ska!" tape from THIS YOUTUBE CHANNEL. I don't have a copy of this tape and, even if I did, I don't think my copy would sound this good. 

Much thanks to Jason Bolton - whoever you are!



No comments: