Monday, April 25, 2011

Club Ska - Club Dub 7" (1986?)



I posted their other 2 singles HERE and, out of ignorance, I said those were their only releases. I was wrong.
The song Black and White was written about the US Supreme Court decision in 1954 that outlawed racial segregation in public schools. It was first recorded by Sammy Davis Jr. but it's more known because of the Three Dog Night version recorded in 1972.
It was recorded in 1971 by the UK reggae group Greyhound as their first single and it was their rendition that inspired Three Dog Night to do their take on it.


A - Club Dub
B - Black and White


http://www.mediafire.com/?m920yg7h01a86ot


This was submitted by Merrick, but I think this will be the last thing he submits to Tone and Wave because he now has his own blog:

I'll be putting him in my blogroll, but for now you can find his blog HERE.

2 comments:

bobl said...

Thanks for all the other club ska singles. I just found my copy of this single and found out that my copy has Black & white as the a-side and club dub as the b-side. Label no is POW 0351 btw.

Grolsch sipper said...

Thank you very, very much