Sunday, March 25, 2012

SOTD: Corrupt Citizen - Talk is Cheap

I don't remember how this song fell into my hands but I've had it for a while now and always wanted to put it on a podcast. It just never felt right in the podcasts I have done in the past.

The band is called Corrupt Citizens and I know absolutely nothing about them except that they were from Arizona. Can't find diddly squat else on the internet except that this song was recorded in 1983 and was released on a 7" on Bad Stain Records called "The Mongolian Wild Turkey Baby Back Rib and Cheesy, but yet oh-so Spicy Stuffed Jalapeno Homemade Chili and Waffle Cookout and Square Dancing Barbecue Finals Volume 2" which was limited to 1000 copies. (HERE).

Keep in mind that these guys were out a few years before Operation Ivy...before there was such a thing as third wave.



http://www.mediafire.com/?xhemeoxaapu03p9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these guys play a few times at The Nile when I was a kid. Thanks for the upload. But I think we're talking 93 not 83. Since I saw them when I was 10 or 11 and Bad Stain Records didn't open till 94 and I had the Corrupt Citizen cassette Phat as Phuck with the Bad Stain logo on the back of the Xeroxed cover. But great upload nevertheless.

Anonymous said...

Yep, this band is from the early to mid 1990's.