Sunday, September 20, 2020

Max - Mono 7" (1980) -and- Max - Big Six 7" (1981)


Max - Mono 7" (1980)

A - Mono (Monotones cover)

B - Un Paso Más Allá (Madness cover)



Max - Big Six 7" (1981)

A - Big Six (Judge Dread cover)

B - Crucero Nocturno a Cairo (Madness cover)


This is a band from Argentina that brought the European ska and punk scene to the youth of Argentina. I'm not a big fan of bands releasing cover songs as singles but in this case I understand why it was done. The titles are in Spanish but the songs are sung in English. I don't know that this band ever released anything else but I think (don't quote me on this) that one or more band member formed the band Los Pericos. 


There was a time many years ago when I was certain that the Mono record is so rare that I would never see a copy. Then one came up for sale on Discogs and I jumped on it. That was 6 months ago. I never received it. Luckily somebody posted both records on YouTube so neither of the records in this post are from my own rips. 

 



DOWNLOAD from MEGA


DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare

No comments: