Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Nine "Ska" Records

 As the sun sets on this blog (12 days to go) my record player stopped working. I have had this happen before and I was always able to fix it but not this time. I still have some decent records that I wish I was able to post but it ain't gonna happen by the end of the year. Of course I will get a new record player in a month or so but not before the blog ends. 

Only after I pay down my credit cards after buying my kids a bunch of crap for Christmas - stupid shit like this . Watch the video. It's stupid, but that's what they want. My kids are weird. I'm beginning to think they were brought up wrong. 

When I get a new record player I think I'll go back to getting an Ion. I've heard people say "I wouldn't let an Ion touch my record!" but all of the recordings I made in the first ten years of this blog were done on an Ion with a $30 elliptical needle. I think the recordings came out just fine. Ten years for one Ion and in the last 6 years I went through 4 Audio Technicas which are supposed to be way better. 

Fuck pop-culture brand worship. Audio Technicas suck. I don't like them. Ion isn't great but they are certainly adequate. 

Despite all that noise here is a collection of records that were sold online as "ska" records. I buy anything that says "ska" and sometimes I do strike gold buy most of the time I strike aluminum. 

 I will agree that all of these records have at least some ska or reggae influence except for the one in the center "Giant" but I saw it listed as either ska or reggae and I know a band from that era with the same name appeared on a Walkman recording. It may or may not be the same band but there is a similarity. 

 

DOWNLOAD from MEGA

 

DOWNLOAD from Pixeldrain

 

 ...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah so your kids take after you then ? lmao

Tone and Wave said...

My kids are so much like me it's embarrassing. I look back at how I was as a kid and I have to wonder why my parents didn't just drown me and start over.

And don't get me started on when I was a teenager. If I could go back in time and run into that guy I beat the fuck out of him.