Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Ska Gal & the Hands of Ra

 


This was a turn-of-the-century female-fronted ska band from the UK. 

The reason I never posted them before is because the CD mislabels the song titles. I see on Discogs what the songs should be but that's not how they appear on the CD. At least not on the copy I had. 

I ripped my CD and have since sold or traded it. I no longer have the physical CD and I regret not doing the proper scans. 

The demo tape had no titles listed so the titles are assumed.

 

This is such a great band that, if I didn't post them before I ended the blog, I would regret forever. 


Here you go. Figure it out.

 

Ska Gal & the Hands of Ra - 61 Stone (2004)

1 Let's Go Out Tonight

2 One Armed Man

3 Ferdy

4 Spanish

5 Egyptian

6 Hard to Get

7 Saturday Night

8 One More Time

9 Never Let You Go

10 Going Down

11Right Now

12 Love Was All I Had 

13 On My Mind

(I already said the songs aren't as listed)



Ska Gal & the Hands of Ra - Demo Tape (1999)

1 On My Mind

2 Kim (I'm with You)

3 Never Stop Loving You

4 Some Higher Ground

5 untitled




DOWNLOAD from MEGA


DOWNLOAD from Pixeldrain


...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are 2 other CD's with song titles mixed up.
You probably already know about Last Call by Skanic and Unsightly Scar by Skalette O'Hara.

Tone and Wave said...

I don't think I ever noticed Last Call because I think I got it off of Soulseek and the uploader corrected it, but it's funny you bring up Skalette O'Hara. I have tried collecting all of their stuff (and I believe I have it now) but they had many discrepancies. It seemed like everybody I knew who had an original CD by them all had different versions. I also used to go to a Russian file sharing site ("Mp3.RU" if I remember correctly) that had songs that actually were by Skalette O'Hara but they had different band names and songs that I never heard before that said they were Skalette O'Hara. The funny thing is all of those weird things were officially uploaded by one of the band members.

I'll have to check and see if I have untangled it enough to do a post with everything they released under that band name or another.