Sunday, December 10, 2023

Retracide

 Ska-punk from my hometown of San Bernardino, California. 

Retracide - Watch Your Back (1997)

1 Fake

2 Star 69

3 Two Year Lease

4 Whores Exist

5 Connect the Heads

6 Lost all Doubt

7 Mr. Negative (version 2)

8 No Name

9 Sik Bum Hair

10 Pit in the Ghetto

11 Won't Work

12 Life Sucks

13 Falling Down

14 Raver B. S.

 

 Retracide - Modification (1998)

1 Uncommon Sense

2 Giving In

3 Rock Star

4 Rule the World

5 Naive

6 Bloodstains

7 Worm

8 Goodnight

 

These guys used to promote their band by putting ads in Billboard Magazine. I remember the ads from back in the day.

 




DOWNLOAD from MEGA


DOWNLOAD from Pixeldrain

 

...

2 comments:

EricC said...

Wow, nothing about this band anywhere, other than a couple of discs for sale. It's so rare that there is no Discogs listing.

Good ska/punk stuff.

Tone and Wave said...

So rare that I used to go to all of the shows back in these days and I never heard them at the time. I never saw them live and never found a CD in any of the local shops. I remember their ads in Billboard which was a clever move on their part - not that it gained them proper recognition at the time, but at least one old ska-punk nerd from back in the days remembers them from those ads.

I was looking for something on eBay and I came across one of their CDs and I went "Whoa... is this the band from those old ads with the cartoon character in the zoot suit? I forget if it was an alligator or a wolf - maybe I was confusing it with Cherry Poppin' Daddies?

But I bought the CD because it said "rare ska" and I'm a sucker. Thankfully this was one of the times it really was a rare ska CD. And I liked it so I went looking to see if they had anything else and they did and I bought that too. Not as good as the other one but still pretty okay.


I meant to put them on Discogs. It's on my to-do list.