Sunday, November 13, 2016

Barley Wine - That Train 7" (1982)

A while back I posted a 7" by a Belgian band called Heavy Manners (not to be confused with Heavy Manners from Chicago) and I said they had a second single called Barley Wine.

If you have been following this blog for a while you know I can be pretty stupid at times. I base my knowledge on the things I read on eBay and Discogs and I take them at face value. The Heavy Manners record was posted on Discogs and it was linked to this one here but they really have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

First of all it's the band that's called Barley Wine and the song is called Heavy Manners. Secondly, they are not the Belgian band. These guys are from England and Saxa from the Beat (The English Beat to my fellow Yanks) is their sax player. I know nothing else about the band or about any other releases they might have had but if I learn anything new from an eBay seller who specializes in Andorrian folk music but stumbled across this record at a swap meet I will report anything he says as fact. That's my style.

A - That Train (Click to hear on Soundcloud - I'm trying something new)
B - Heavy Manners


DOWNLOAD

No comments: