A while back I posted a 7" by a Belgian band called Heavy Manners (not to be confused with Heavy Manners from Chicago) and I said they had a second single called Barley Wine.
If you have been following this blog for a while you know I can be pretty stupid at times. I base my knowledge on the things I read on eBay and Discogs and I take them at face value. The Heavy Manners record was posted on Discogs and it was linked to this one here but they really have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
First of all it's the band that's called Barley Wine and the song is called Heavy Manners. Secondly, they are not the Belgian band. These guys are from England and Saxa from the Beat (The English Beat to my fellow Yanks) is their sax player. I know nothing else about the band or about any other releases they might have had but if I learn anything new from an eBay seller who specializes in Andorrian folk music but stumbled across this record at a swap meet I will report anything he says as fact. That's my style.
A - That Train (Click to hear on Soundcloud - I'm trying something new)
B - Heavy Manners
DOWNLOAD
THE SEARCHERS - The Golden Hour Of LP 72 w This Is Us LP 64 w Meet The
Searchers LP 64 w 4CD Boxset w BBC Volume 1 63-64 CD
-
Saw a Searchers comment at Twilight Zone blogspot about how revered they
were and then read somewhere saying they were the best band of the sixties
so ...
15 minutes ago


No comments:
Post a Comment