Sunday, May 16, 2010

Izzy Royal - Coronation Street 7" (1983)



For those of you who don't know I am a yank who was born and raised in California and I really should have no idea what Coronation Street is. As far as I know it has never been televised here. I have heard that East Enders was (maybe still is) available on the east coast on some channel. I don't know.

My wife, however, is British. She was born and raised in East Anglia and never had any interest in the soaps. She has been here now for about 7 years and has only recently become sentimental for her home about a year or so ago. She talks to her family and they watch these shows. Thanks to the awesome power of the internet she is able to watch them now too so that they have something to talk about.

I find it all to be ridiculous - not because it's a soap opera, but because it's tv. I don't really like tv. It's a waste of time to me. But she is now watching it on a nearly daily basis and I have grown very accustomed to these theme songs.

It's not great. Hell, it's not even good, but it is catchy.

A - Coronation Street
B - Coronation Dub


"Coronation Street"


DOWNLOAD

No comments: