Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons



It's not very hard to find things by Australia's Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons on these here interwebs (...or, whatever the kids are calling it these days). You can find most of their works HERE, and HERE, and HERE, or HERE, or even HERE
but Bruce has submitted these four gems that haven't yet been offered.

So Young 7" (1979)
A - So Young
B - Rough and Ready

Security 7" (1980)
A - Security
B - Beating Around the Bush

Shape I'm In 7" (1980)

A - Shape I'm In
B - Shape I'm In (dub)

Soon You'll be Gone 7" (1980)
A - Soon You'll be Gone
B - Show Ya Fun


"Soon You'll be Gone"



DOWNLOAD

Jo Jo Zep does do a lot of ska/reggae music but a lot of his stuff is more classic rock and roll. Regardless of the genre he put out a lot of great music that is being overlooked. I appreciate it - I hope you do too.

(thanks to Ronan for a couple of these links and thanks to Laszlo who introduced me to Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons)

1 comment:

bristolboy said...

Hi - sorry I've not been sending any records through lately but I've taken your advice & started my own blog. Pop over to http://mylifesajigsaw.blogspot.com/
& add me to your fav's please ( I promise I'll post the 45's you're after) & others that you'll want to hear