Sunday, December 15, 2019

Ballistics - Gun Rush 7'' (1983)

This is a square double-sided flexi and it's indescribably rare. I could emphasize how rare it is by repeating the words "super super" or using the terms "ultra" or "mega".
The band was from New Orleans and they released two records that I'm aware of but I heard from somebody who knows this kid who heard from a guy that they recorded more than that. I'm not sure and I don't actually care.
I heard the song "Gun Rush" many years ago and had to track this record down. It is rare 2Tone style ska. The other songs on the record aren't ska except for "The Line" which is definitely ska-influenced. The other songs are surf / skronk / no-wave and I've heard that their other record is along these lines with no ska at all so I'm not really willing to pay the price their other record commands unless I hear it first.

Listen to this song "Gun Rush" and tell me you wouldn't try to hunt this thing down yourself.
Download it. Save it. It will likely be the only time in your life you will hear of this record. No matter how many copies they made, flexies don't survive very long. I got real lucky finding it in the condition I did.

1 Gun Rush
2 Surfin' Communist Guerillas
3 Naugahyde
4 The Line

DOWNLOAD from MEGA

DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare

2 comments:

Rikard said...

Great find! Thanks!

Tone and Wave said...

Hey!! Rikard! Good to hear from you. It's been a while.