Sunday, August 15, 2021

Potlatch - Gringo (1994) -and- An Album by Potlatch (1995)

 

Potlatch was a ska-punk band from Sweden who put out an EP and a full-length album in the 90s.

Before the EP they had a 4-song demo tape that, I think, was pure punk without any ska. I don't know for sure because the Japanese release of the EP included the four demo tracks and, of course, I bought that one. 

There are lots of copies of the 12-track Japanese version of "Gringo" available today on Discogs but that wasn't always the case. I ended up finding a copy on a site called From Japan that had all 12 tracks. It wasn't terribly expensive but it took four months to arrive and you can guess the end of this tale.

That's right. It was the wrong one. It was the 8-track mini-album/EP. It wasn't worth it for me to send it back for a refund so I kept it and I have found two of the other tracks on YouTube. Jesus and Friends, and Minor.  I like punk but for some reason I don't feel any pressing need to get the other version any time soon. Maybe someday, but here's what I have for now.

 Potlatch - Gringo (1994)

 1 Intro - Role Model*

2 Nazi Punks Fuck Off

3 You Never Know

4 O.P.

5 Grrl Burn

6 Right

7 Back to the Amanda Room


*8 tracks if these are counted as two separate tracks


Potlatch - An Album by Potlatch (1995)

1 Mr. Potlatch

2 Onetwothreefour

3 Wrong Time, Wrong Place

4 Think About It

5 Hey Dad

6 I Wish

7 Reason

8 Hope I Never See Ya Again

9 Pack It

10 Ghosts 'n Goblins

11 Emo

12 Fourtwenty

 

DOWNLOAD from MEGA

 

DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare

No comments: