Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Spliff Sound - Spliff Sound (1998)

90s Italian female-fronted ska. I love this band. Very original in their songwriting. Amateurish in the end but you can hear that they were probably a lot more professional than any other band in their scene at the time. Most songs are in English with a few in Italian with occasional male vocals taking the lead.

I don't know if they ever released anything else besides this tape. This tape is professionally made but I had second generation demo tapes that sound better than this tape. I ripped it three times on three different tape players and this rip is really the best I can do with the copy I have. I want to say that it's just mixed badly with the low ends being turned up way too high but, then again, I might just have a warped copy of this tape. 

If anybody else has a better rip of this tape I'd like to hear it. It really is a great album. A true classic!

1 Big Brother

2 La Violación

3 Mine

4 Not Many

5 Not Alone

6 Intolerencia

7 In a Cloud

8 Libertad

9 Bond's Ska

 

DOWNLOAD from MEGA

 

DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare

 

No comments: