Sunday, August 29, 2021

Mad Monster Sound [Germany]

 Mad Monster Sound was a German band that formed in the late 1980s in the "Unicorn Era". They started as a punk band but they played ska and other things. They ran the gamut between punk, ska, new wave, anarcho punk/ska, punk reggae, and even a bit of metal and skiffle. They alternated between male and female vocals and also between English and German. They recorded their first album in 1989. The A-Side was pure punk. The B-Side was pure ska. (I remember that when I was younger I sang "Come on come on all you bastards" but that's not what he's singing. It's "Come on come on all you Busters"). Long-time followers of this blog know that I am no big fan of bands recording cover songs but their song "Moonstomping" is actually original. It is a cover of "Skinhead Moonstomp" but they added their own lyrics to it. I approve. 

 They stopped performing in the mid 90s but came back in the year 2000 with a mini-album called "Ten Years Later" that really did pick up where they left off. It's as good as their earlier releases. 

This is the post I was supposed to make last weekend but I didn't post it because my scanner is failing and the scans in this post are very low-resolution and probably the worst scans I've ever presented on this blog. I was going to try to re-do them but the new scans were no better. It's not about the scans though, is it? It's about the music.  And the music sounds great as far as I'm concerned.


Mad Monster Sound - Mad Monster Sound (1990)


 

1 Alles Zu Spät

2  No More Pardon

3 Stories

4 Geld Regiert die Welt

5 F.C. Busters

6 Moonstomping

7 Love and Hate

8 Geisterstunde

9 Monkey Dance 

10 Sahara Ska

 


 

Mad Monster Sound - One for the Road - It's Party Time (1993)

1 Let's Have Fun

2 Subway Love

3 I Wanna Be

4 New Generation

5 Borderline

6 Crime City

7 Nutty Goes Reggae

8 Don't Waste Ur Time

9 Dreadful Terror

10 Anything

11 Eisbär

12 Ska-Skiffle

13 Monstergang

14 Bonus (Eisbär Extended)



Mad Monster Sound - 10 Jahre Später (2000)


 

1 Franziska

2 This is SKA

3 Stand By

4 Ghostclub

5 Fresse Verbeult

6 Laut + Lustig

7 Roomservice

8 Pied Piper

9 No More Pardon



DOWNLOAD all three releases from MEGA



DOWNLOAD all three releases fromZippyshare


No comments: