Saturday, June 18, 2022

Beat Fetish - Is It Time? (1992)

 This was a ska/rock band from Albuquerque who released this cassette-only mini album in 1992. The first side, in fact, the first five songs are ska or ska-inspired. The last two songs are a little too "Hootie and the Blowfish" for my taste. 

I'm not really a big fan of hippie music - especially pop-hippie music (but I do have my favorites - I can listen to Jimi but I can't hear Jimi - I get it) so I don't really waste too many seconds of my life listening to Steve Miller's song "The Joker". I know a lot of people like it and they are entitled to their own weird opinion. The only popular song from this era that I dislike more than The Joker is American Pie. "I drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry"?? Who wrote this? A drunk toddler? 

Anyway, I'm saying this because this tape has a cover of The Joker that I actually like. I'm a hard sell for this kind of thing but I give it my approval. I'll allow it. 

At least it's not Woolly Bully.

 Again. 

Ska bands need to leave Woolly Bully alone and, at least once, I'd like to hear a ska band cover another Sam The Sham and the Pharaohs song like "VooDoo Doll"

 

But I digress. 

 

1 It Is Time

2 Feed the War

3 I'm at Home

4 The Joker

5 Just One Thing

6 Round & Round

7 Isolation Man


DOWNLOAD from MEGA


DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare



No comments: