I first heard about this band while searching for the band Clean Looking Boys and I came across this site:
http://rocksgodiva.tripod.com/id1.html
..that had this bit:
A blatant 2 Tone bandwagon jumper has to be Send Me to Coventry, by The Mob there were 9 of them, including Rob Jackson (SEE ROB JACKSON). It’s a song that really has no right to be so catchy. With lyrics such as, “I can see no naked lady, riding on her horse now”, and, ”C-O-V-E-N try our new horizon”, a blatant plug for Horizon studios probably not it was recorded at Woodbine Studios! The Mob was the brainchild of Arun Bhandari. Who not long before the Two Tone explosion was fronting a rock band called Stiletto doing a blooming good Phil Lynott impersonation at the Dog and Trumpet (SEE VENUES). This is certainly my favourite Coventry song of the time, a kitsch classic. Another catchy little cash-in (although I doubt that literally) was Sent to Coventry by the Clean Looking Boys...
the Clean Looking Boys song was a response to this in a way.
You can find that here: http://www.mediafire.com/?u0fhv6e9ez8qg7g courtesy of Bruce
Hi guys, I was the drummer on those tunes and i just heard there is some interest in it after all these years in Japan. I'll keep you posted, cheers, Jim
Hello. I was one of the singers in the band and we were put together by Arun to make the single [double A side]It was great fun and we sold most of the copies by hand and word of mouth around the pubs in Coventry.Most of the pubs had it on their duke box and as half the group used to drink in the Tally Ho..Woody,Julie,Mary,Tony, and myself we became minor local celebs for at least a week or two? Glad to see that people are still digging the music. Cheers Mike.
Hello Mike, fantastic you've been reading this blog. I'd forgotten all your names. I was in touch with Arun again recently after 30 years and will be meeting up with him soon, Jim
Hi Jim I've been trying to get in touch with you for ages,It's Martin erstwhile roadie for you and Hot Snacks.I have a box of your single in my attic please get in touch through facebook.
Very belated reply Jim as only seeing this now🤦♂️(2026) Hope all well with you and still into the music. Hopefully going to be back in Coventry before the end of the year and plan to get up to the music museum..
Hi Jim, Unfortunately I’m only seeing this now (2026)🤦♂️ I’m hoping to get back to Coventry before the end of the year and plan to visit the music museum for a bit of nostalgia. If you and Arun are about and still in touch please let me know and we can meet up. All then best Mike.
Got an Owner’s Manual for that Jaloppy?
-
Jaloppy was asically an experimental rock/avant-garde music rat-rod thrown
together by Dallas, Texan J. Bone Cro (J. Scott Sutton) & Austin, Texan Wes ...
Freddie McGregor - FM
-
High Times LP 1992 MP3 + FLAC
Recorded at Channel One between 1977 and 1982
Backed by Soul Syndicate Band
Produced by Earl "Chinna" Smith and Soul Syndic...
ASH Petrol 7 inch 1994
-
*Discogs*
Alternative rock band from Downpatrick, Northern Ireland.
Formed 1992
*Tracklist*
1
Petrol 4:13
2.1
The Little Pond 4:15
2.2...
The Cuban Heels
-
*The Cuban Heels* - это шотландская new wave/power pop группа образованная
в 1977 году в Гриноке/Глазго на обломках панк-команды Johnny & the Self
Abuse...
Bush Tetras - Beauty Lies
-
Banda: *Bush Tetras*
Disco: *Beauty Lies*
Ano: 1997
Gênero: Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Post-Punk, No Wave
Faixas:
1. Mr. Love Song (3:43)
2. Page 18 (3:4...
Modcast #611: Still Walkin' The Dogs
-
Walkin' the dogs, just walkin' the dogs. If you don't know how to do it,
tune in, listen up and I'll tell you how to walk the dogs.
*Listen Now Download...
Korova Milk Bar - Do It Again EP
-
*KOROVA MILK BAR*
Do It Again EP
1989 The Subway Organization
01. Do It Again
02. Something Will Happen
03. Off With Her Head
04. Peculiar Patricia
...
Ginger And The Nutts - Pig In The Freezer (1981)
-
b/w Oil Wars
Great New Wave from this Reigate based band who also had a track [Typical
Radio] on the 1981 VA LP Class Of '81
*Georgina Hill* (Voc Violin)...
Skooch - Skooch EP (1999)
-
*Posted by Request *
American 90s pop punk with a horn section. I don't know what state they're
from or if they have ever released anything else.
...
New single "Tell A Stranger"
-
My new single "Tell A Stranger" is out now on Bandcamp and all the regular
streaming platforms. There is a B-Side that is exclusive to Bandcamp. It's
the...
Espiando en los 80's Venezuela Vol 2
-
1-Jah Jah Children - Vamos a Bailar
2-Henry Stephen - I Don't Know
3-Fabrica de Sueños - Tu Estilo de Amar
4-Callejon 88 - Negrito Fiel
5-Colina...
# 569 Ricky & the Spitfires - Rock'n'roll singer
-
Side a: Rock'n'roll singer
Side b: It's against the rules
DK 1978
Very fine powerpop record by this South African R'n'R group. It was
released on a danish...
Yo Sí Le Brinco - Desgracias, Gracias (2022)
-
“Somos una banda de punk rock originarios de leon gto. Decidimos hacer la
banda en tiempos pandemicos con el pretexto de poder salir del encierro y
distra...
Ore Ska Band
-
* ============================================================ Artist : Ore
Ska Band Album : ITOKASHI Genre : -=Ska-Punk=- Bitrate : VBR ~31...
New Heavensbee Album "We Mean Business" Released
-
After nearly 2 years of writing and recording, I'm excited to finally share
a pre-order link for the new Heavensbee album "We Mean Business" which will ...
-
LMNOP - ELEMEN OPEE ELPEE (1986)
Originally posted in 2010 (January 20th)
Full details *here*
*Re-up as requested*
*FIRST TIME IN FLAC*
*LMNOP* (291 mb)
No Comply
-
*Biography : *
No Comply are from Belgrade, Serbia. The band started in 2001, and made a
come back couple of years ago. A very good band from a country ...
AGGRESSIVE
-
ALEMANIA
Aggressive son una banda Street Punk Oi! de Ruhrpott, Alemania.
2015- Spit Blood
01- Aggressive
02- Chain Reaction
03- Alone With The Wolve...
10 comments:
you're churning out the good posts at the moment - Excellent!!
Wow! Digging this tune! Any info on this band?
I first heard about this band while searching for the band Clean Looking Boys and I came across this site:
http://rocksgodiva.tripod.com/id1.html
..that had this bit:
A blatant 2 Tone bandwagon jumper has to be Send Me to Coventry, by The Mob there were 9 of them, including Rob Jackson (SEE ROB JACKSON). It’s a song that really has no right to be so catchy. With lyrics such as, “I can see no naked lady, riding on her horse now”, and, ”C-O-V-E-N try our new horizon”, a blatant plug for Horizon studios probably not it was recorded at Woodbine Studios! The Mob was the brainchild of Arun Bhandari. Who not long before the Two Tone explosion was fronting a rock band called Stiletto doing a blooming good Phil Lynott impersonation at the Dog and Trumpet (SEE VENUES). This is certainly my favourite Coventry song of the time, a kitsch classic. Another catchy little cash-in (although I doubt that literally) was Sent to Coventry by the Clean Looking Boys...
the Clean Looking Boys song was a response to this in a way.
You can find that here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u0fhv6e9ez8qg7g
courtesy of Bruce
Hi guys, I was the drummer on those tunes and i just heard there is some interest in it after all these years in Japan. I'll keep you posted, cheers, Jim
Thanks for commenting Jim!
Any idea if there was a cd bootleg or something that sparked this new interest?
Hello. I was one of the singers in the band and we were put together by Arun to make the single [double A side]It was great fun and we sold most of the copies by hand and word of mouth around the pubs in Coventry.Most of the pubs had it on their duke box and as half the group used to drink in the Tally Ho..Woody,Julie,Mary,Tony, and myself we became minor local celebs for at least a week or two? Glad to see that people are still digging the music. Cheers Mike.
Hello Mike, fantastic you've been reading this blog. I'd forgotten all your names. I was in touch with Arun again recently after 30 years and will be meeting up with him soon, Jim
Hi Jim I've been trying to get in touch with you for ages,It's Martin erstwhile roadie for you and Hot Snacks.I have a box of your single in my attic please get in touch through facebook.
Very belated reply Jim as only seeing this now🤦♂️(2026)
Hope all well with you and still into the music.
Hopefully going to be back in Coventry before the end of the year and plan to get up to the music museum..
Hi Jim,
Unfortunately I’m only seeing this now (2026)🤦♂️
I’m hoping to get back to Coventry before the end of the year and plan to visit the music museum for a bit of nostalgia.
If you and Arun are about and still in touch please let me know and we can meet up.
All then best Mike.
Post a Comment