Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Any Old Charlie - Any Old Charlie (1998)

 Somebody commented that I don't post real ska. They're a little bit right. I have posted real ska for 15 years. I'm running low on pure in-your-face ska. But real ska fans collect the ska anyway so they already have it. What they may not have are the ska-ish things. There are so many things on eBay and Discogs labeled "ska" and I'm a sucker so I buy them all. I am disappointed half the time. But, just because the music isn't pure ska by a full time ska band doesn't mean there aren't some gems to be found. 

 I have never been a fan of white funk or "skronk". I just don't like it. But I have so much of it and I should be posting it because they do play an occasional ska song. Not only that, but I have the music. Why not share it? I know there are people out there that do like things that I don't necessarily like so I post it for them. Especially if it's rare. Sometimes I post things that I think most people agree isn't very good but I post it so people can hear it and maybe keep them from blowing their money on it. 

 Not only that, but I never post something that is ska-ish as a stand-alone post. I always try to do more than one post so you get the ska you're wanting and you can ignore the other stuff.

 

This CD is a perfect example. It's very rare. I haven't seen it anywhere online. I am not a fan because there are 6 songs and 5 of them are white-boy-funk. Not my cup of tea. But there is one decent ska song. 

 Maybe somebody out there will enjoy this. If you only want pure ska then skip this one. 

· Any Old Charlie - Oh Charlie (1998)


 

DOWNLOAD from MEGA

 

DOWNLOAD from Zippyshare  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all you post, no matter what syle.
And a good year to you.
Cheers from Argentina.